Well eleventh grade is finished. I’m alive on the other side. Hallelujah. I’d like to say that this post finds me a wildly different person then I was three months ago, but that would sound rather sentimental, and I’m not really in a sentimental mood. So let’s say instead ( and indeed it may be more accurate) that I haven’t changed much in this blog interim, and yet I have had the opportunity to learn a whole bunk about who I already was. It has been an interesting discovery. For example, I’ve learned:
- I’m not a math hater. I didn’t understand math, I was scared of it, I was intimidated, I was ignorant. Math (contrary to my former beliefs) is not the devil. In fact it can be used to do rather amazing things. I thought I’d drop math at the first opportunity in college and never look back, well I am beginning to reconsider…
- I am content. Woooooow. That is a big deal… for me. I discovered that I don’t have to try to be like everybody else, I don’t even have to toil and sweat and wimper selfishly everyday because I hate myself or because I’m not good enough. Number one: God made me the way he wants me, and I have given myself fully over to Him. Number two: I’ve always dreaded being average, normal, humdrum – so why was I working so hard to conform to some expectation of society? Anyways… this topic is prone to becoming either excessively sappy or dully philosophical, let’s just leave it like this: being content with the life God gave me has made me really really happy.
- The best time wasting tool in the history of ever – otherwise known as the funniest youtube channel I’ve ever encountered. Be prepared.
- Mini min exploration rants – no, the brain hasn’t turned off for summer. In fact my physics, astronomy, geography, and literature quests have left me with a few too many things to ponder… I will attempt to constrain myself.
- Thoughts on college – and advise from those far wiser then I.
- Great internet findings
- Your summer reading list. Yes I did say YOUR summer reading list.