I am working on a Boston for Free post, and it is lots of fun. In the mean time, I think you should understand just how exciting adventure year has been so far. My first official week of adventure year was spent hanging out in Boston MA. Now for this second week I will be hanging out at home, but it will be anything but dull.
- Monday – A group of friends and I will be heading to a natural park around my area where we will have the opportunity to spend the entire day zip lining, hiking, rope walking, mountain biking, and white water rafting.
- Tuesday – Me and my sister are working on perfecting a 10 minute documentary for the NATIONAL level competition of NHD. This has afforded us many opportunities, but the best of all is… we arranged a personal interview with a Holocaust survivor. Words cannot begin to describe how privileged and nervous I feel.
(also on Tuesday I will be preparing for my final geography bash. That means preparing to teach 11 children of various ages all about South America AND preparing a picnic composed of authentic South American food)
- Wednesday – First day of my official internship with an iPhone app design company. I will be working on customer service and ghostwriting. You’ll hear more about it later. Also, my lunch break? Yeah, that is when I will be having that geography picnic.
- Thursday – will be a little shopping break. From high school graduation decorations to presents to NHD clothes to preparing for a trip to California, we have some shopping to do. I think we are going to spend the entire day thrift shop hopping.
- Friday – My family and I will be driving four and a half hours to my amazing best friend’s graduation. I am so super duper excited.
- Saturday – We should get back from the graduation around 2am. That morning I have a Natural History class that will qualify me to begin volunteering at a nearby raptor center. For lunch my family will be getting together to celebrate my graduation (apparently they have a surprise planned for me, but shhh I don’t know anything about it). For dinner I will be attending a potluck thrown by the my sister’s college christian club (that I hope to volunteer for this semester).
- Sunday – Enjoying Christ my Lord in the morning. Potluck lunch at church. I am arranging a get together of christian girls that afternoon.
And I was afraid that I would get bored without school…