Today I feel honored that Ashley tagged me with the Liebster award. The Liebster award is a fun way to learn random things bout new bloggers and make new friends. I’ve enjoyed doing tags in the past, so despite the fact that answering questions about me, myself, and I is more than a bit awkward…well…let’s do this thing!
1) What’s your newest “obsession” (book, tv show, hobby, etc.)?
Ahem… so I have these food crushes. Like, I get on to one food for a month or so. I cook it, eat it, and stalk it on Pinterest. That’s totally normal, right? I’ve currently got a lil thing for coconut jelly. But it’s all rather hush hush, so don’t tell anyone. Kay?
2) What were your favorite book(s) as a kid?
The Little House on the Prarie series. Hands down. It took me 14 years to cope with the fact that I was not born in the 19th century and thus could not grow up to be a pioneer braving the Wild West. Laura Ingalls offered inspiration for being the spunky lil pioneer girl I dreamed of being as well as practical advice on how to churn butter and how not to obtain honey from a beehive.
3) What is/was your favorite school subject? Your least favorite?
History was my favorite, cause history time meant listening to my big brother’s vivid stories about unbelievable happenings in the past. Anytime time with my big brother was special. Math was my nemesis because (you guessed it), my big brother hated it.
4) Have you ever flown (like in a plane or helicopter)?
Yes. If jumping (with style) off of my dresser as a kid counts. Also, I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve flown by plane, but I still vie for the window seat and release a little gasp when the wheels officially kiss the ground goodbye. It never gets old.
5) Are you excited for the Olympics this summer?
The Olympics are this summer? Oh yeah… I knew that… I will make sure to follow gymnastics, ping pong, and YouTube compilations of the awkwardest moments but I refuse to get too serious about the Olympics until performance jump roping is an official sport.
6) Who is your role model in your dream profession?
Don’t get me started on my role models. Just ask my sister, I’ve got the longest list of role models this world has ever seen. Actually, I think I usually find a little bit of role model in every person that I meet. However, as far as profession goes, it is DEFINATELY Mrs. Frizzle and/or Carmen Sandiego.
7) Do you use your library system a lot?
The library has always been my second home. There were parts of high school when it was my first home. If I was too upset to speak, my mom would get me in the car and drop me off at the library. A few hours later she would pick up a happy daughter. It worked every time (probably my mom’s favorite magic trick).
8) If you could only listen to one music artist for a year, who would it be? (This is hard, I know)
Yiruma, David Lanz, or Rachmoninoff. My brother’s piano playing was the backround music of my childhood. My favorite high school chilaxation consisted of lying on the couch listening to him practice. When I think I am about to go crazy, I need piano solos.
9) How old were you when you learned to read?
Funny story: when I was five years old my mommy took me through Teach Your Child To Read in 100 Easy Lessons. Not only did I gain the greatest gift a teacher can give a student, the ability to explore the world on my own through the written word, my mommy also gave me a stick horse to celebrate the completion of the program. At the time, the stick horse seemed way more important than my newfound reading ability. However, big brothers can accidentally break stick horses within minutes of your receiving them. Nobody, not even older siblings, can every take away your ability to read. That’s how I learned about reading and relative value all in one go.
10) What is your favorite fast food restaurant?
11) Idk ask yourself a question.
Umm… this is awkward. What am I meant to ask myself? Um… how bout we just go ahead and end it here before I embarass myself.
Thanks Ashley for the awesome questions, now here are 11 new questions. I’m tagging Olivia, Elizabeth, Sunny, and Victoria. Feel free to answer them in the coments, on a post on your own blog, or just ignore them entirely. I love ya girls!
- What was the last book/movie you consumed that absolutely knocked you off your seat with its awesomeness?
- If you found a wardrobe that led to Narnia, would you go through?
- If you received two tickets to anywhere in the world and you had to leave tomorrow morning, where would you choose to go?
- What are you most looking forward to right now?
- What would be your most ill-suited career?
- Most exciting plan for this summer?
- What was the sneakiest/cheekiest thing you that you did as a child?
- If you could instantly have the ability to be really good at something (anything from playing the violin to break dancing) what talent would you choose?
- What is your go-to coffee shop drink?
- If you were on a dessert island…what would you eat (dessert islands are places wherein you can eat any kind of dessert without any health repercussions)?
- What is your favorite part of having a blog?